This is not Japanese food but I feel it is a shame not to share this with you. It is so easy to make, tastes great and leaves no guilt as you know how much fruits are in but not much sugar. I topped the ice cream with chopped dried fruits (left) and with some pieces of walnut meringue (right.)
Make approx. 400ml of ice cream.
- 3 eggs
- 70g of caster sugar
- 200ml of double cream
- 100g of frozen fruits of your choice (I use mixed tropical fruits)
- 1 ripe banana
1. Prepare for 3 bowls and one freezer friendly container.
2. Make fruits puree by using a blender.
3. Separate eggs and put yolks in one bowl, white in another.
4. Whisk the yolks.
5. Whist the egg white. Mix in the sugar.
6. Whip the cream in the 3rd bowl until it is heavy but not forming a peak when you lift the whisk.
7. Combine the yolks, white, cream and fruits puree all together. Mix lightly.
8. Freeze for 4 hours.
If you liked this ice cream, why not try making the Matcha flavoured ice cream, one of the most popular flavours in Japan?